1. How much weight have you lost so far on your journey and have you hit your goal?
I weighed 203 when I went to the hospital to deliver my daughter. I have lost about 65 pounds from that day and am 27 pounds lighter than pre-pregnancy weight.
2. Did you struggle with weight all of your life or did you gain weight after you got older?
I did not struggle with weight at all growing up, but really started packing on the pounds once in my 20’s with my job at a hospital and eating desserts at all meetings, working long hours, etc. I also have a congenital heart defect and it is so important to me to make sure that I live life to its fullest and keep my heart in great shape!
3. What was that trigger reason that finally caused you to decide to lose weight?
I was about 9 month postpartum and was extremely unhappy in my body. I didn’t want to be in any pictures with my daughter because I was so ashamed of how I looked.
4. Give me some examples of changes you made in your life to make better eating habits.
I meal plan out each week and write down my meals and snacks to try to help me stay on track. I find if it’s written down, I am more likely to stick to my plan instead of mindless snacking. I will also make sure to pack snacks on the go to avoid bad fast food mistakes.
5. When you think back to the foods that you use to eat, do you still have that food today on occasion, or do you avoid it all together, and does it still taste as ‘good’ as you remembered it to?
Honestly, I do allow myself to have some of those foods! I don’t think of my eating as “diet”, but more of a lifestyle. If I avoid those comfort foods and sweet I love so much altogether, I will eventually cave and overeat. I try to maintain an 80% clean ratio and allow myself life’s treats the other time.
6. What plan did you do to help you lose the weight?
I have found so much success with Beachbody programs! I have used T25, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, Insanity Max:30, and The Master’s Hammer & Chisel. I also drink Shakeology daily that I feel has helped with my weight loss and cravings as well as energy.
7. What is your typical fitness routine?
I love that I can roll out of bed and be started with my workout in 10 minutes with no makeup, messy hair, and mismatched workout clothes! I can be done with my workout in the amount of time it would have taken me to drive to the gym and get a spot in a class. I also schedule my workouts as if they are meetings in the morning so that I don’t let a busy day get me off track. I love that it’s over with before the day gets started.
8. Everyone has a bad day how do you look past mistakes and move forward?
I do! When I’m having a bad day, I like to look back at my progress and to motivate me to keep moving forward.
9. We all need a strong support system to stay committed, who supports you?
I have the most incredible coaching team that is always there for me! I also run free challenge groups on Facebook where we motivate, support, and hold each other accountable! I couldn’t live without my FitFam!
10. What kind of advice would you give to others who are having a hard time getting started?
I would love to help them! I was there once too and reached out to a friend of mine almost two years ago to join her free challenge group! It literally saved my life! Not only am I healthier physically, but I have a whole new outlook on life as I feel it has been so mentally refreshing to be around such positive people! I would love to chat with anyone needing that support!